How to make the most out of your new High Protein Low Carb (HPLC) program
You’ll be taking the HPLC products a little differently than on our traditional “Green” Thermojetics program. Follow the guidelines outlined on the “How to Best Take Your Products” sheet for Formula 2, Formula 3, Cell-u-Loss, etc.) However, here are some important differences.
- Mix the HPLC Shake mix with water, not juice, or milk. Don’t add fruit to it. You can make hot chocolate out of the chocolate HPLC Shake Mix. Just add hot water (not boiling) and mix well. For variety, you can also cut up and blend in any of the protein bars or protein drinks in your shakes.
- Follow the guidelines in the HPLC booklet, in the Green, Amber and Red light section, about what foods you can and can’t have. Don’t cheat. Stay with the allowed foods and completely avoid everything on the “red” list. If you treat yourself to a plate of pasta, rice or candy bar, even once, you could pack on several unwanted pounds during that one “indiscretion”. So behave!
- Eat at least five times a day, including two shakes and a regular meal. Then, twice a day, enjoy any High Protein, Low Carb snack, or “mini-meal”. Remember, when your body is deprived of carbohydrates, it must turn to stored fat for energy and fuel. So you need to keep plenty of protein in your system. Don’t let yourself get hungry! You’re not trying to eat less – just less carbs! Remember, you can eat as much as you want of the allowed foods.
- Enjoy the Soup, High protein drinks, or protein bars once a day each, as desired. You can also make a sauce for chicken or fish out of any of the soups by adding less water, which makes it thicker and richer. YUM!.
- The soup, by itself, is meant as a snack not a meal replacement. However, you can have it as a meal replacement if you add chicken pieces, broccoli or other “green- light” veggies to make it complete meal. By itself, it doesn’t supply enough calories.
- Be sure to take Aminogen with every meal, three times a day, including the shakes and soup. It helps digest and assimilate the proteins.
- Since you’ll eliminating breads and grains with the HPLC program, you need to add fiber into your diet. So, take the Activated Fiber tablets or Thermobond with every meal.
VERY IMPORTANT – Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day!